|This post is based on notes I wrote for a talk given at the University of Waterloo on June 27, 2013 for their Women in Engineering week.
- When and why women leave the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) fields
- What can we do about it? The advice I would give myself as a young engineering student:
- Don’t forget that you are still a pioneer in the field.
- Find a mentor, or be a mentor.
- Men and women are equal, but different. Be yourself.
- What makes you unique?
- Have confidence in yourself!
- What to do in the difficult and serious situations that will (inevitably) occur.
- Have fun!
- List of resources
Please read and share with anyone you think might benefit. Thank you!